Wednesday 12 March 2014

Homemade mosquito repellent

Homemade Mosquito Repellent



I am tired of these little tiny monsters! With the summer just around the corner, I am hoping that the little pests would soon start to die off, but they seem to be hardy in increase the number day by day, so it’s time to try another approach.  I seem to be the dish of choice for the mosquito population of the entire area so am constantly on the lookout for repellents, but  I’m very reluctant to spray lots of chemicals around. This recipe for home made repellent is a natural way to keep the nasty little critters at bay without compromising the safety of the smallest members of my home. Recipe to kill:
What you need:
  • 5 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
  • 5 drops of Citronella essential oil
  • 3 – 4 Tbsp Homemade Vanilla Extract
  • 4-5 Tbsp. Lemon Juice or 5 drops of Lemon Essential Oil
How to make:
Mix all of the above ingredients in a spray bottle (0.5L) and fill the rest up with water. Good luck!
More tips about anything you may find on www.reDecor.me  

No comments:

Post a Comment